The Safe Routes to School National Partnership seeks a passionate and energetic Outreach Specialist to work under contract to ensure that the National Partnership’s Fire Up Your Feet program engages schools (students, school staff and parents) in the SW Washington area including Clark, Cowlitz, Lewis, Skamania and Wahkiakum counties during the Spring 2016 campaign.
The Outreach Specialist will collaborate with Fire Up Your Feet staff, National Partnership regional staff and partner organizations such as PTAs on achieving program goals, and will provide direct programmatic support to low income communities within the region. A successful contractor may have the opportunity to work on future campaigns in the spring and fall of each school year.
This paid position will last approximately 8 weeks from mid-April through early June.
- School program experience
- Strong community network within the region served and ability to cultivate strong relationships within the community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Must have access to a car and valid driver’s license
- Must have ability to work from home with functioning computer
This opportunity is available immediately, will be open until filled, and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Download the full position description (PDF) & apply ASAP!